ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.
ZeHero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A beginner's guide to Valkyries

3 posters

Go down

A beginner's guide to Valkyries Empty A beginner's guide to Valkyries

Post by Captain Laze Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:37 pm

A beginner's guide to Valkyries 4H9g0
By Zaike

For a taste of the class, check out the Promotion Thread
Introduction
So, you have decided to have a go as a Fighter, or just want some tip to get started.
In this thread I'll try to make a pretty simple collection of tips, strategies and possible builds.
How to get started as a new Fighter, how to do as one and how to reach the next level.

NB. I use a skill simulator made by the American community, so the skill names may differ. The icons are the same, so you should easily find the skill in question.

Newbie notes:
  • Most of the skills are frontal, so you will not want to stand in the middle of a large mob.
  • Skills are pretty easily interrupted, so will want to know where your enemies are.
  • Fighters use many skills and have low base int. Which makes MP a problem. Bring loads of pots! Buy enough, then buy another stack.

The beginning...
The Twin Fighter is a Drakan class and in order to create one you must own a human character above lv. 20 on the same account.
You will begin your adventure right in the beach outside the Ports of Wind, the lv. 20+ area. The first story quest is a simple hunting of local meat. Just use X attack or something, the crabs are already dead. Upon completion you'll instantly become lv. 20. You'll also be given some real basic equipment. You're now beginning your grand journey... as a complete nab that does little but hitting things real slow, being clumsy, being beaten up by seastars, missing everything and just being awkward.
I'll help you. Here's some points you should give some attention to:

• Skills build. For starters, you'll want to get something to hit with. Here's the basic outline of the first skill tree: Fighter 1st job base. All these skills are necessary in order to build further. You will not be able to pull of much of a combo just yet. Dragon Kick is a nice and fast attack which does up to five hits with good damage. It also pushes the enemy back, so you can use it to group mobs together. Tornado spin is nice if you get the mob launched. Be careful, though; you're pretty much an open target while you're playing helicopter. You'll get better launchers later on, but now you're pretty much stuck with Rocket Blow. These two are the first two combos until.. about lv. 30. If you want something more, you could consider Non stop Kicking (1st tree) and/or Infinitive Turning Kick (2nd tree). NS kicking deals great damage with many hits. Higher skill level means more damage, more hits and lower cooldown. It does have a starting animation, giving your enemy an opening to interrupt. Flinch them with by knocking them down with DashX, Rocket Blow or Bunker Buster; pushing them with Dragon Kick or Spin Kick; stunning them with Power Fist might work on a few targets at a time. You will not have much use of this skill later in the game, but under lv. 30, it's your best damage skill. Inf Turning Kick on the other hand, is a pre-req for the 3rd job orange skills (you'll just need it at lv. 1 even so). It can be chained nicely with skills that push mobs back. Combined with a twin skill, the result could be pretty nice. The skill alone is dangerous to use and not a good attack. You move forward while kicking at a low frequency, making you an open target if you miss. Higher skill level gives more damage, more range and lower cooldown. Rapid Stance is a buff from the first tree giving 3% aim and dodge. 3% aim is good at low levels and the resulting aim increases with your agility.

• Playstyle. You're still weak, so you should play defensive in the start. One step at a time. The first style is the most basic: Jump over the enemy making your twin attacking them head on. If the twin is standby, it will teleport to your position while starting the attack animation, making the interruption window smaller and giving the twin a good stance. Jump right over and behind the enemy while in the air, then send the twin rushing in and flying back again yourself.
    The second style is a bit more advanced. It will be natural once you get a feel for your character. Flinch you enemies with the twin before following up with the main. By combining them both, your attack frequency and damage output increase. The Fighters dance through the battlefield with a smooth chain of attacks.
    The Third style is the fastest and most dynamic of these three. The main will rush into the mob with the twin behind. Use a Weave or DD, or an attacking rush. After the rush your twin keeps the mobs flinched while you start the next skill (2. style), the mobs should be close to dead now. Leave the group with your twin staying behind cleaning (1. style)

• Stats. We don't need much defence as we got our offence and weaving. However, non-stopping attacks are no good if all you do is missing. Therefore you should make sure to have enough aim. 130 is enough for pve under lv. 40. To increase control and just smoothness, speed is a must. Both attack speed and move speed. This is hard to obtain at low levels. The best option is to get a combo medal. They give good speed and useful stats for low-levels. Health is also a nice good stat which is effective in low amounts. Our survivability is already high, and with some HP to back it up, we can get through most obstacles.

• Equipment: You will level pretty fast at these low levels, so you'll out-level pretty quickly. You won't be a tank anyway. Your offence and speed is your defence. In other words, focus on attack.
    Weapon. The most important piece. The first fists you get, the ones from the quests, are sheit, but will do for a while. I wouldn't really recommend grinding for one, but if you want another weapon, then get an advanced (SC) one with aim, health or agility, and put some chants on it (+1/+3). I know, you still want more power. At lv. 27 or so (Could someone confirm, plox?) you'll be able to get the Water Spirutal Gauntlet. Your very first boss weapon. Do know this: Boss weapons for Drakans are considerable more potent than normal ones. Whatever the SC is, you should make it +5. Closer to lv. 40 you'll be able to equip a Dark Soul weapon. It's not as magical as the Water one, but it's a higher-level boss weapon which lasts till lv. 50.
    Armour. All our sets gives agi at the second Set Bonus. Going 2 Chaos (H), 2 Chaos(L) and 2 Normal gives a fine lot of agility, which gives Aim. The most important stat to get to a decent amount. Normal sets gives attack speed and critical rate. Chaos sets gives dodge at 4th Bonus. I'd recommend to get 2-2-2 if you're low on aim, and a full normal otherwise. If you won't bother with getting full sets, just use random items with health.

Attention points:
Control is the absolute most important thing you'll need as a Fighter. It will feel awkward in the beginning, but don't give up, and you'll soon learn your character. Keep training! Practise everywhere all the time! Experiment with combos in town, beat up random mobs, kill nabs in duels, go pvp.
So how do you obtain such control? For one thing, you'll need to focus; sit comfortable with both hands ready to move far and quick as you'll use a lot of buttons. Which leads to the next point: Button layout. it's a must to have a good layout of your skills. Use some time in order to find something that works for you. I'd say buffs and items on the number line, rushers at the good keys and fillers and combo skills at the others.

Skill builds
  • lv. 20 base
  • Lv. 25 aim buff, fusion lv. 2, non stop kicking
  • Lv. 30 with awzm This is where you begin to kick ass
  • Lv. 39 before reset Reset at lv. 49 or so. Remove Non-Stop Kicking
    That's the basic. If you want to increase your power and don't have any SP problems, you may consider levelling Slide Kicking, Infinitive Turning Kick, Power Fist; and getting Release Fighter Force, Power Weaving, Ring from Hell, Smash Kick. This is mainly with PVP in mind

Layout:
A beginner's guide to Valkyries DnLq4

Combos:
Infinitive Turning Kick+Slide Kicking
Rolling Grapple+Tornado Fist(+Air Smash)

If you want something added, tell me in the comments

Last edited by Captain Laze on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
A beginner's guide to Valkyries Left_bar_bleue9001/9000A beginner's guide to Valkyries Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9000)

Back to top Go down

A beginner's guide to Valkyries Empty Re: A beginner's guide to Valkyries

Post by Reikun Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:21 am

Well yea, seems like you covered most of the things you need to know at lower lvls so its nice A beginner's guide to Valkyries 2930664868

Only thing would be screen caps from a skill builder or something where you show how you'd build or just giving tips. That way it might be easier to see, but maybe that's just me.

Other than that it seem to me like it can be pretty helpful so good job Potatiz :I Very Happy
Reikun
Reikun

Location : Hyrule - In a pineapple - Under the sea (Or was it Sweden? Can't remember)

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:33 pm

You want me to post screencaps of the skill simulator..?
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
A beginner's guide to Valkyries Left_bar_bleue9001/9000A beginner's guide to Valkyries Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reikun Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Meh nvm that, I was just too tired to click stuffs
Reikun
Reikun

Location : Hyrule - In a pineapple - Under the sea (Or was it Sweden? Can't remember)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:24 pm

i wanna ss of da skilz simulatah A beginner's guide to Valkyries 818606087
Sikowitz
Sikowitz

Character sheet
Awesome:
A beginner's guide to Valkyries Left_bar_bleue0/9000A beginner's guide to Valkyries Empty_bar_bleue  (0/9000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum