ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.
ZeHero
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Video Event

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Guild Video Event Empty Guild Video Event

Post by Admin Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:55 am

Check out The official info

So this month, there is a fancy event going on over at the official site.
It goes something like this:
Create a video which show the awesomeness of your guild.

I believe we have a fair chance of winning this!

Let's share some ideas and material here inn this thread!
Also let me know if you got any experience Guild Video Event 3418388377

Last edited by Admin on Sun May 01, 2011 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A minor misunderstanding :#12:)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://zehero.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guild Video Event Empty Re: Guild Video Event

Post by Hemmy Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Here is the film sequence of lavalon.

http://www.2shared.com/video/dgc4JsRO/Untitled_113_xvid_001.html

Let me know what you think.
Hemmy
Hemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Ooo, nice! Didn't include the part when we totally finished him, through. But still something we can use.

I though of using the intro to Gurren Lagann's epilog. From 2:08 in the following video:

And have our ZeHero bursting out at the explosion at 2:28 or the one at 2:38.
What do you think about that? Guild Video Event 933704734

I thought of something else, too...
How about we take some boss battle clip, and as we fell all of them we play a Victory tune!

Can't decide which, tho :/
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
Guild Video Event Left_bar_bleue9001/9000Guild Video Event Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemmy Mon May 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Hmm , so much to choose from there ;D

I can't decide either,but i like the idea of having does in the film
Hemmy
Hemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Tue May 03, 2011 1:28 pm

If we are fighting bosses, why won't we use a boss theme during the fight?

Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:
Guild Video Event Left_bar_bleue1/0Guild Video Event Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Tue May 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Hmm... No, that's something to consider, as well. Guess we could use one of them during the actual fights (which's not supposed to be all that long), and a victory theme when we win. Thought of laying the focus on the part where all the bosses fall.
Oh, just so we have it clear: I mean dungeon bosses when I speak of bosses. Lavalon, Aram & Mutishia and that forest dragon thing which I never can remember the name of (Verduberdu). We could also include the Underground Graveyard and Tower of Torment. Even though it's less impressing, since it's pretty low-level... and the bosses die less dramatically. Still, this way we could include Paris. Hmm...

So as Hemmy and I was talking about in-game; we should have more space pirate traits. Since we're space pirates and all Guild Video Event 3418388377. So I thought of this scenario: Our ship meeting the Evil Empire (with Paris) out in space! How to get a picture like that? Have me drawing it! Guild Video Event 933704734 At least I can try... But I wonder:
Should it be in colurs (as soon as I start with it, the picture turn into a mess, tho)?
Should the ship turn right or left?
Should I draw them separably, so they will act like single objects (which makes them easier to animate, as an example)?

Here is a quick sketch to show some of the composition
Guild Video Event 29286787.th

Just switch the orb with the Evil Empire xP
So, should the ship turn toward right or left?
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
Guild Video Event Left_bar_bleue9001/9000Guild Video Event Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9000)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemmy Wed May 04, 2011 3:25 pm

First of all , nice sketch ^^
Can't wait to see how it will look like when its done

It would be nice if the ship would be in color.
But if it is to bothersome ,then you can skip it.
Think it will be good either way.

Left or right,good question. I think i would prefer if it was turning right

I think you can do them separately, if it makes the animation easier,Then go for it. Smile

The boss fights music sounds like a good idea, Not exactly sure how too put it togheter with other types of tunes, But we will find a good way once we start to get everything togheter.

I still have not come up with any ideas yet,i think i mite need something to work with befor i can come up with something decent.
Hemmy
Hemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 pm

You might wonder why I haven't been online for a couple of days. So I'll tell you; I have been busy with stuffs D: (like reading a book!). However, I have still been able to work a little on our project.

Hemmy wrote:It would be nice if the ship would be in color.
But if it is to bothersome ,then you can skip it.
Think it will be good either way.
It would indeed be better in color, and after some searching, I found my superbatman pastels! Which makes the whole color issue a lot easier. At least at such monotone, big objects as the ship. So I guess I'll make it in color Guild Video Event 2930664868

Hemmy wrote:I think i would prefer if it was turning right
I agree. Originally my idea was to have the ship heading right, but since I traced another drawing (I haven't drawn all that many boats before!), which I didn't bother flip, it turns left in the illustration. Currently, I'm working on a ship that heads towards the top right corner.

Hemmy wrote:I think you can do them separately, if it makes the animation easier,Then go for it.
Just for the simplicity, I'll do it whether we animate, or not. By the way, I have no idea how to animate xD I have been downloading loads of animitation programs these days, but have yet to find the one. Anybody else got a clue how to do a simple animation with two objects and a background(I got it!)

About the boss themes... I like the IV one best. But we'll see how it fits with the rest of the video first.
And while we talk of music; got any pirate or space-ish tunes? (I would prefer tracks without lyrics)

So I got some more ideas for the beginning of the video:
After the explosion, our name pops out with our emblem in the background. The background color turns somewhat dark-purple (erasing traces of the previous scene) and waves appears. Like a close-up of a flag, and the focus zooms out; and we see that it's the flag at top of our ship! (Dunno if I managed to explain it right, but it looks pretty fancy in my head). But, again, I dunno how to animate such. Then, we see our ship sailing in space on a journey. A screen with the text "THE SHIP" pops out. Afterwards a drawing of the captain (Yay, me!) is show, with the following text; "THE CAPTAIN!". Then the picture of a bunch of people (You guys and some prinnies) appear, and a "THE CREW" screen is shown. Then we could have a "THE ADVENTURE" screen, and show of some clips of us or something (didn't think much further than this).

Here are some drawings:
Guild Video Event Pastelspacevoid.th This could maybe be the background for the ship scenes?
Guild Video Event Femalepiratecaptainwhit.th

Sketch1 of the captain Guild Video Event 933704734
Guild Video Event Femalepiratecaptaindark.th

Sketch2 of the captain Guild Video Event 3418388377 I'm not to sure about the light/darkness, but I'll take the posture of the darker one and the face of the lighter. The darker, isn't really that dark, but I use my phone to photo this right now. I got a scanner, but it's evil (can't use it this late xP). I think I'll eventually add some colors. If you wonder why the heck it doesn't look like my avatar, I'll tell you that... Since I'm switch character all the time, this's a kind of solution that makes one character represent them all (and me).

By the way, we need drawings of you too! If you want me to do it, then send me an illustration sketch. Showing posture, expression, traits and features (clothes, accessories). Don't worry about composition or making the arms the same length, I just want an idea about the design. (If you need tips, send me a PM or something).

Here is an unrelated pirate:
Guild Video Event Kullpirateurel.th
Boo! Guild Video Event 933704734
Spoiler:

Edit:
After some blablabla'ing with Hemmy about his character design. I came up with this:
Guild Video Event Misterlaidback.th

(sorry for the horrendous quality Guild Video Event 1388914211)
He's all laidback and stuff! He got an eye patch, some beard, dreads, an earring and more thingies. Even tho it probably doesn't show... and he's holding a bottle o' rum in his left hand. Since you're a vice-captain and all, I though you should look pretty pirate-ish Guild Video Event 933704734
While talking about rum... In the scene I described earlier in this post. Where the crew is shown. They should be drinking and having a real pirate-party! Aye?

Last edited by ZeDood on Sat May 14, 2011 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Fri May 13, 2011 6:17 am

Hi, again!

I got a movie editor called camtasia (it can record the screen too, but it doesn't work Guild Video Event 818606087 ) .
So I've been wondering how the boss part should be.

Should it be like this example:

Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Fri May 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Hmhmm... Not bad!
Of course it have to be a moving picture, but it's still about how I imaged it.
I though we could speed up the clips too, and mix the boss fights, and have some dancing to the victory theme.
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Fri May 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I'll try to find out why the screen recorder doesn't work, every time I record the screen and try to play the video I get this:

Guild Video Event Blackhr

An... interesting... video... right? Guild Video Event 1388914211
Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Sat May 14, 2011 12:46 am

Wow, now THAT's a sight for the Gods. Could be the reason why; God only.

Have you tried Fraps?

Oh, and how should I draw you?
Just give me some keywords, and I'll make something odd. Remember, the deadline is coming closer!

Edit: finally managed to animate ANYTHING! Made with PowerPoint;
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ez3v6lb7x5km4n

Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemmy Sun May 15, 2011 10:41 pm

Uploaded the screen capture of we doing aram.

Here --> http://www.2shared.com/video/7S9fxEUL/Untitled_114_xvid_001.html

The file got pretty bigg even after converting it ,sadly i had to cut down alot of quality from the video Sad.
I could try too cut out some scenes and upload in much higher quality.

I also going to try and see if i can use another program to screen capture with, since im not to happy about the small delay.

yes i know i might be a little picky ;P
Hemmy
Hemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Wed May 18, 2011 10:18 am

The deadline is 30th May, and I'm gone until 29th May. I can't do much in this event anymore. Any idea of what I can do?
Remember, you have to post the video on youtube and name it [Event] gPotato Dragonica - Best Guild of 2011 - ZeHero and send the link via gpotato ticket system.
Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Thu May 19, 2011 6:38 pm

To Hemmy
I think the clip looks great. Except that cursor in the middle Guild Video Event 933704734 but I don't think it's the end of world... If we mix it with other clips, without cursors in the middle, nobody will notice.
So now we need another Lavalon run. And one at Verdiblabladious (whatever that thing is called!), yes?

To Joooooker
Hm... Indeed, that makes this a bit trickier, but doubt there's much to do about it.
You could post if you get a brilliant idea, of course Guild Video Event 933704734

I gave up that animation thingie. Instead, I'll try to make a stop-motion movie clip. Using a cropped picture, or a fancy Playmo pirate ship I got. Right now, I got exams and stuff. But as soon as I'm done, I'll work on it. Guess we better have to speed up a little...

Edit:
The group picture is under construction. Here's what I have so far:
Guild Video Event Dsc00258gi.th

It's Lazengan and Improviser Guild Video Event 933704734 and a Prinny
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 am

Hmm... Maybe we can tell them what we do in the guild? Like going on dungeons or something, I don't know... *sigh*

And who's going to post the video on youtube?
Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Tue May 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Jooooker wrote:Hmm... Maybe we can tell them what we do in the guild? Like going on dungeons or something
Yea, I though of that. We'll have three sequences for that; one with the headline "Adventure!" followed by our dungeon clips (edit: without bosses), one with "Fun!" (or something else, as the word "fun" is a bit boring) where we show us running around and dancing and such, and one more (three is a magical number!) like... um... "Random!" Where we jump like crazy and have alot of flashy effects and filters. Feel free to come with a better third sequence.
Edit: Strike that, the third will of cause be "Battle Agains the Evil Empire!", followed by our Boss clips. Then we have the winning sequence with the fanfare music and dancing and whatever. However, we haven't beaten the Evil Empire yet! So we need more space pirates (recruitment!) to fight the big guys; here we show pictures of some real badass bosses. Like Ganon and Bowser and such, as well as Paris (with antennas because she's an alien).

Status update:
I have been working quite a bit on the video today. It's starting to become something! I even found alot of the missing effects and I have learned how to edit musical tracks Guild Video Event 933704734 Progress!

UPDATE!
Here's a sketch of the video so far: http://www.2shared.com/video/BKpFNMKP/ZeHero_Guild_video_04_skisse.html
Something where just thrown together to illustrate what'll really be there.
Anyways... Whacha thinking for my first video ever? x]
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Bioxx Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 pm

THAT video is awezome ;D GJ

Bioxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Sun May 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Bioxx, you found back to the forum! I thought you died again Guild Video Event 933704734
Well, glad you liked it.Even though it's not done yet.
We gotta finish it, and fast! The deadline is tomorrow Guild Video Event 1204666513
Does anybody know if we have to upload it today, or tomorrow?
Stresssss Guild Video Event 1084228744

Edit: We'll just take the risk, and act like the deadline is tomorrow. That way we got time to actually finish it...
Stuff to do: Add clean logo picture, add better sound quality for the POTC clips, record a clip of Verduberdu (forest dragon thingie), and scan, clean and color the drawings. Besides that, I made some changes to the plan; I'll redo the "adventure, boss, blabla" part. It will look more like the one show in the illustration. More text and music. We'll do more about the whole "Evil Empire"-thingie. Finally, we need some ending... Suggestions?
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Mon May 30, 2011 10:53 pm

Check it out!

Competition!

This was really the only other video I could find :V
So I guess, we're already in the finals! Guild Video Event 2930664868
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hemmy Tue May 31, 2011 8:54 am

I would love to say ours is better.
But their video ain't too bad either.

We will see what happens now ^^
Have our fingers crossed.

And great work with the video Zedood.
I wish i had not been so lazy Sad
Hemmy
Hemmy

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Tue May 31, 2011 6:42 pm

Nyah, I don't know what to think. On a personal note, I don't like that kind of videos; they hadn't much of a theme and it was damn long. But, of course, creds to them for making a video, at all. I won't be too surprised if they actually win.

Hemmy wrote:been so lazy
Lololloolol, ye leveled, leik, a hundred levels a day... Besides, you're in the video, so you must have done something Guild Video Event 933704734
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Just to let those who don't know know, Gpotato has already chosen the winners. Here's what they said: Dear Dragonicans,

We are happy to announce the winning guild of the Show me what you got in your guild Event, there were many entries but sadly there can be only one winner.

So without further adue i give you our winning guild Fratrnidad ! Please help me congratulate them on there fantastic video , i would also like to extend my thanks to all of the guilds who have entered in the event!

Here are our winners !

Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Jooooker wrote:Here's what they said: Dear Dragonicans, there were many entries but sadly there can be only one winner.
Lies! There were just us two Guild Video Event 1388914211
Guess it kinda proves how lame the English server's community is. The german verison had many more participants. Some guys even made their own songs, stories and other awesome stuff.

Anyway...
We'll win next time! ...Right? :I
Captain Laze
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 am

ZeDood wrote:Anyway...
We'll win next time! ...Right? :I
If there are any next time then we should start making a video. Or try to edit the video. I've asked Gpotato if there will be any more guild events, they didn't answer yet... Guild Video Event 2692083094
Jooooker
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next