ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.

Spring/summer updates 2012

Go down

Spring/summer updates 2012

Post by Captain Laze on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:53 pm

I've been snooping around in search of upcoming content, and it seems to be a fine lot of updates coming Fo real, man!
Thought we could have this thread as a collection of info, pictures and discussion of all the updates happening this summer. Throw it all in!

One of the more interesting pieces of info I found got to be the following, which is a letter from the developers only given to the American dgn (/Dragon Saga) hosted by Warp Portal. Without further ado, here it is:

Spoiler:
With this information(and their current vision of the game) the Developers have sent us a very rough outline of content and Event plans for the first half of the year (through June).
More details of each update/event will come as we draw closer to the release dates.

A few words from our Producer, Vince Kim:

As we welcome spring and its warmer weather, there are some exciting content updates planned for release in the next few months. We have heard the ‘Yawns’ coming from our players over the past few content updates, since the New Origins expansion. Since the beginning of this year, the developers have been hard at work to bring the ‘Fun’ back into the Dragon Saga gameplay. Big focus has been put on PVP contents and game balance. By this summer, we expect Dragon Saga to look and play like a brand new game. Some of the updates below, you may already have heard of, and some may be new to you. Some will be released very soon, and some may take few months. While we welcome all feedback from our users, we ask, please be nice. If you tell us that we suck, we’re going to ban your account! Well… not really… but let us know why we suck and we’ll try to fix it. (be constructive!)

2012 First Half Content and Event Plans

1. Easter Event

- Collect event items by logging into game every day and exchange the event items for equipment and consumables.
- New riding pets will be available
2. Lovelove Mode PVP Map(*Name may be changed)

- New ‘Capture the Flag’ style PVP mode that requires strategy and teamwork to win.
- Up to 10 players can join 1 match (5v5)
- Games can be created by the users at any time. Customizable rounds.
- Increases the participation of support class characters
3. Community Dungeon

- Daily dungeon maps that players can enter for in-game rewards
- Different bosses, rewards, and entrance requirements for each dungeons

4. Domination Mode PVP Map

- New ‘Base Domination’ style team PVP mode
- Claim neutral domination areas, attack enemy’s domination area, and/or defend your own
- Win matches by holding more domination points than the opposing team

5. Skill Combo Update

- Use basic skills in combination to trigger Skill Combos
- Provides more interactive combat style instead of just spamming skills
- Each classes will have different skill combos
6. Class Balance Update

- Major class skills and stat updates to address PVP imbalance issues.
- More details regarding the changes will come later

7. Graphics Update

- Major updates to how the game looks
- Brighter and more detailed environment
- New character combat graphic effects
- New item and equipment effects

8. Guild Emporia League

- Guilds are rewarded points for each Emporia participated
- Match wins and Emporia holds give bonus points
- Points are gathered and guilds are ranked
- Gathered points can be traded in for guild specific items and/or services. (PVP specific equipment, equipment upgrades, etc.)
- After the end of league season, Guild PVP Tournament is held to decide the champion
- Tournament qualifications are based on League rankings
- Season Length (est. 3-4 months)

9. Player Challenge Event

- Weekly challenges announced to users for weekly and monthly rewards
- Open for both new and veteran users
- Up to 10 different objectives per week

TLDR? Here's the short version:

- New PVP modes! 'Capture the flag' (out at JP) and "Base domination"

- New kind of dungeon; daily with various content (whatever that means). They called it a "Community Dungeon"

- A graphical update. This surprised me Sounds kinda risky, but could turn out to be really awesome too.

- An addition to the combat system called "Skill combo", I read it as 'unleash special attacks by using normal attacks in your skill combos'. So, basicly, new attacks for everyone. The idea was to remove the "skill spam" kind of gameplay, which is a weird thing thing to do, if ye ask me. This would boost those with less skills, tho (pretty much just Glads and maybe Grenadiers)

However, ladies and gentlemen,
I present to you the most juicy part; what we all have been wanting for ages; what we crave:
BALANCE.
The developers seems to finally see issue, woo.
Not just skills will be changed, but stats as well. Now, that's great news! The letter specifies that it's the PVP balance that's in focus.

All in all, this appears to be a great time for PVPers ;D
Will make it even better by attracting more players too. How about you? Excited yet?

LOST IN SPACE CONFUSED IN TIME BEING UNDEFINED
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spring/summer updates 2012

Post by Archhealer on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:57 pm

Om nom nom, good, they need to make the Jesters AOE moves much more powerful, just so people can be even more screwed Very Happy

( by the way, your sig is pretty epic :') )
Archhealer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Archhealer wrote: make the Jesters AOE moves much more powerful
Yea, absolutely!

No really, you can't just say things like that.
What if some spy working for the developers reads it and thinks you're being serious?
ZOMBIEAPOCALYPSE! and not the good kind...

Jester is a great 2nd class, and HQs are jesters on speed. I would rather suggest a nerf

Bout them sigs:

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Fri May 04, 2012 2:25 pm

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz on Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 pm

u guys heard it yet? SEA dragonica is slosing 2 of thier servers, thai and china server if my memory serves me right :V

Character sheet
Awesome:
0/9000  (0/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Thu May 10, 2012 5:43 pm

seikowitz wrote:u guys heard it yet? SEA dragonica is slosing 2 of thier servers, thai and china server if my memory serves me right :V
Nope, your memory doesn't. Thai is something different. IAH is closing every dgn server they have, which is a real shame as I believe they quite a huge playerbase. Some might immigrate to other servers, but I read that a lot is just quitting the game :\
Official IAH letter
Anyways, Gpot won't quit their services (Official response)
Spoiler:
Dear Dragonicans,

After the recent news from the Dragonica publisher IAH Games, we felt it was important to contact our community with information on how this news affects you.

While it is of course sad to see a fellow publisher discontinue a game and leave thousands of players without the entertainment that brought, we are pleased to say that this news in no way affects the gPotato server. gPotato has no plans to shut down the Dragonica servers and would like to reassure our community that we have many plans for a long future with Dragonica at gPotato.

As our most loyal followers know we are about to approach our third anniversary which, of course, will be celebrated in style. There are new PvP modes coming soon as well as the community dungeon which was already launched in other regions. We are currently also looking into other features that might be included in that update, and the next version is already in the pipes after that.

We also would like to welcome everyone from IAH to join us on the European servers; after all we all share the passion for Dragonica!

I hope this statement will reassure any doubts you may have had and I hope you continue to enjoy your time in Dragonica at gPotato.eu

Kind Regards,

Julian
Dragonica Producer
At last they mentioned the up-coming content!

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz on Fri May 11, 2012 3:27 pm

i want pedobear pvp!

Character sheet
Awesome:
0/9000  (0/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Tue May 15, 2012 9:11 am

The following post contains spoilarz

Pedobear pvp:

Roasted turkey pvp:

Regarding the graphical update, I think they might build on what they had in the early days of the game (Project D alpha)

Moar pictz:
Spoiler:
I'll sort them later

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dragonica's Third birthday!

Post by Captain Laze on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Dragonica EU is three years old on the 10th, but the celebrations are starting already this Wednesday! Here's what they wrote:

• Now, we’ve been struggling a little during testing, as Elga seems to have got a taste for the birthday cake in Port of the Winds…

• While our testers are working on that, the rest of the team will be glad to give you some information on the rest of the updates to come though: The vending machine in Port of the Winds will be updated with special birthday lucky dips, containing a birthday outfit, potions or other functional items.

• 2 PvP Maps and a special community arena will also be available. But we don’t want to reveal too much just yet, so we have simply prepared some pictures and let you fill in the gaps! (Check the original post for these)

• Obviously, we haven’t forgotten our promise to continuously improve the game so this update will also include 40 bugs that have now been fixed and 5 updated quests.

Original post here : Dragonica EU blog 2012 / 06 / 03

To sum it up: We're getting the community dungeon and new pvp modes already mentioned in this thread, some fixes (a bit excited to see what bugs they fixed) and FREE SHEIT : D

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leggolash on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:40 am

Laughing

Character sheet
Awesome:
100/100  (100/100)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:24 pm

ok so as it turns out, i dont like capture the flag (pedobear pvp) that much. BUT i do like domination alot, so yeah... what do u guys think about the new pvp (and other new content)?

Character sheet
Awesome:
0/9000  (0/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 am

Haven't even tested the new pvp modes yet, have been busy farming coins. FREE EXP SHEIT
If any one actually wants to do them new pvps with me, tell me xP

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:11 pm

BUMP for more info

The producer had a conference of something last Wednesday where he gave some info about the next series of updates. Now called the Legendary Update
Spoiler:
Marina del Rey, California -June 20, 2012 – Gravity Interactive, a publisher of exciting massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs), announced today the start of a massive content update that will progress throughout the year for their mystical MMORPG, Dragon Saga. With the recent addition of a playable Dragonkin race, players have the ability to undertake any of 34 classes across 6 base jobs while enjoying an all new amazing graphics update! Players who are ready to take on new challenges can jump straight into the side-scrolling action at http://playdragonsaga.com/

“Dragon Saga is a game with infinite amounts of untapped potential, and we’re excited to be unveiling the new Legendary update!” said Vince Kim, Dragon Saga Producer at Gravity Interactive. “Overall, players will see changes and improvements that will fall under a dozen different categories. We’re revealing just four of them today, and you’ll hear more about the others in the future as the new content and updates continue throughout the summer.”

Here’s just a small sample of the many upgrades Dragon Saga will be receiving during the Legendary Update:

Updated Graphics
Since its launch in 2010, designers have worked hard to give the world of Dragon Saga a sleeker look without losing its anime-style charm. Now their efforts are ready to be shared with the world, as improvements from backdrops to characters, weapon and armor detail and much more will allow players to be drawn deeper into a mystical world.

Chain Combo Skills
No more boring attack buttons! New Chain Combo skills bring Dragon Saga’s combat system closer, than ever before, to that of an arcade fighting game. Normal attack buttons can be chained into high damage skills. This new system offers a new way for players to show off their gaming skills.

Dungeon Drop Overhaul
In response to the feedback from our community, Dungeons and their item drops have been improved to provide a better play experience for everyone! Players will immediately notice changes in their gear, such as level requirement changes, stat distribution corrected, or pre-requisites added or deleted.

Mini-Map Improvements
Finding what you need in towns has never been so easy! Now important NPCs are marked with icons, so finding who you’ll need to speak to has never been so easy. Map improvements will continue to be a focus for the Dragon Saga team.
  • Graphical update I guess that would attract new players (everybody is a graphic hoar)
  • The new Combo skill system sounds really interesting
  • Changes to gear for balancing purposes. I'll laugh if Magma weps become lv. 50+. I bet this is to fix the End-game gears and stats. Lololo Elga for summoners.
  • Mini-map update. Meh, guess they just took a random thing from a huuge list of updates coming

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:14 am

BUMP
So we got the first part of the Legendary series on our server now, called the Phoenix update. Contains the graphical update, combo system and some smaller things.
Any thoughts on the new content? I love it~

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 pm

they actually did some things good for once

Character sheet
Awesome:
0/9000  (0/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 am

This update was surprisingly good. WP whined so much I thought the world was ending.
The combo system is really cool, and useful too. Maybe I'm just lucky with the classes I play, hah. Grenadiers were buffed, they are really amazing now. Just what I always wanted infact. The berserker combos are by far the coolest ones. Dragonica turned into Monster Hunter! Great for filling up between our skills, which was what I kept suggesting. I even use it on my figther once in a while just for the MP healing. The mage combos should be useful too, but I don't play human magicians.
Chain combos are flashy and affected by attack speed. Ammmmazing!

Clerics and shamans complain about their X-spam being ruined, but that was fixed in today's maintenance. You can now turn off chain combos.

Cherry Blossom is back

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sikowitz on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:26 pm

cherry blossom event is back? O.o

Character sheet
Awesome:
0/9000  (0/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

Well, the event area is, but the event is different.
It's comboed with some other event, the Sunflower one. It's a lot more rewarding, but..
Spoiler:

y so serious

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Tralala. Sup, gais?
guess what a little bird told me

The Ragdrag update will be released at WP next week!

Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down