ZeHero
Greetings!
You're not currently logged in.

Upcoming patch: New Origin (Spoilers!)

Go down

Upcoming patch: New Origin (Spoilers!)

Post by Captain Laze on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:53 pm

Welcome!
You know what's buzzing these days? The next big patch!
The Gpotato team have stated that they're working on it, but it's too new to have a name. However, the other versions have gotten a bit more information. Like the name, which probably will be the same over here:
New Origin!

They say this is the biggest update since the release of the game.

Here's a trailer fer ya'll, too

So what do we see?
Elga goes super saiyan!
New race: The Dragonewts (that's what THEY call it)
Pet riding! (I want to fly on my Griffon!)
New classes for the new race: Summoner! Which seems to split into a brawling mage class (I told ya!) and a class which looks more like a summoner to me.
New continent (I can't see where this will fit in the current world map :V ) and everything that comes with it.

Excited? I know I am...

Summoner:

New land:

I guess this will show up in late summer, about the time they released the Paris Strikes Back patch a year ago.
So... What do you guys think of this?

Last edited by ZeDood on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Upcoming patch: New Origin (Spoilers!)

Post by Hemmy on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:26 pm

I can't wait for this patch to come.

Need something new to put my teeth in befor i start to get tired of the game Sad.
Hope this patch gona blow us away with alot of fun Smile

The trailer dosen't tell me to much , I guess what you see is new bosses you can fight,and the new classes Zedood has been talking about Wink.
Flying with pets ? well that would be fun Wink
Hemmy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 pm

I hope this is will be the best patch since they've released the game.

The new continent looks good, and yeah same for me... I can't figure out where that fits to the world map.
And there will be a flying continent too. (Exciting)

I've been waiting to ride on the pets. Isn't it weird to ride on birds?

Can't wait to try out the dragonewt (What a weird name) or change to summoner.
Hmm... Every time I dream of something it gets real, weird.

Can't.... wait.... for.... the.... patch....
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:
1/0  (1/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Hemmy wrote:The trailer dosen't tell me to much , I guess what you see is new bosses you can fight,
Hmhmhm... I'm pretty sure that's some of the summons for the new summoner class :I

One thing is bothering me, though...
If Elga goes bankai and stuff, does that mean we'll fight him?
And if so, what will happen when we beat him? Won't there be any more evil, and the game ends? Sure hope not :C
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:12 pm

BUMP!
Lookie here! A video of some high-level Summoner

After what I've heard, they start out as pretty slow, but becomes pretty kewl after on. Better than the other way around
And, as we see here, they seem to be pretty powerful. About the same damage as a Myrmidon o:
They lack the mob-control, but have more hard-hitting skills. (Myrms have some hard-hitters, but not enough to loop without weaker ones)
I would say they clearly are a PVE class, but seeing as they deal heavy damage, maybe they could be nice in PVP? They seem even slower than Battlemages, but... We'll figure it out once the patch gets released over here.

So... What do you guys think? Will ye level a Summoner to the high-levels, or do the old jobs first (if ye havn't already)?
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker on Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:55 am

Question: Is this fake or real?
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:
1/0  (1/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:18 am

That's what one of the proffesions in the production system looks like. If you are a miner, you can go to the cave and find your own crystal-hole (what else to call it?) where you will stand and dig, dig, dig to gather ... materials, me think? I dunno, but it's an offiscial picture, so it's real.
The other servers got it with the New Origin patch (just parts of it, tho), but there have been discovred several issues with the system. Here's a letter from the devlopers:
Spoiler:
Julian,
Dragonica Producer wrote:

Dear Community,

I am coming to you today with a statement regarding the Production System, which was updated to live on most publishers and has since been the topic of extensive discussion.

As you may know, the Production system was originally planned for the update in February (Awakening of the Ice Dragon) but was delayed since the final production stage hadn’t been completed yet. We at gPotato did some extensive testing and soon realised that we would prefer to wait with the Live-Patch of the Production System as we had some serious concerns about the implementation of such a powerful system. It turns out that this is now becoming a big issue on other markets.

Our original plan was to update both the Production System and New Origin expansions together, which will not happen after the latest developments. After negative feedback received by other publishers, worries which were expressed by you and following our tests, Gravity Games have come to the conclusion that the current system is damaging to the game balance to a level which is not acceptable. After extensive discussions with Gravity Games, we have therefore decided to not update the production system with the upcoming expansion. Currently, Gravity Games is considering all possible options for the current scenario and we are doing the same on our end. It hasn’t been decided yet if we want to go for a toned down version of the current system or rather wait until the production system is fully re-worked which could potentially be a long waiting time.

An example of the player feedback that we have been receiving that brought us to the decision;

http://goo.gl/npcxW

To inform you on what we do know however: All our efforts are now focused on the translation and quality assurance of the New Origin build which, should everything go according to plan, we will be able to put live within 2 months’ time. I understand that most of you are eager to see the expansions on our European servers as well, especially as they are partially available on other publisher’s servers already. However, we are convinced that our cautious approach on this matter will be beneficial to all players in our community in the long run. A damaged game balance is very difficult to even out, and while we understand that a longer waiting time until the release of such an expansion may be strenuous on the nerves of our dear community, we believe it to be best to have higher quality updates as our desirable target.

We would like to thank you in advance for your understanding and hope that you agree that this is the best decision for everyone involved.

Best Regards,
Julian,
Dragonica Producer
Guess that means we won't get it too soon, as they have to redo it, but that's okay fer me, atleast. They said that the delayment of the production system won't affect the expansion (new jobs, maps, skills)
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jooooker on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:07 pm

If you haven't done already, go to this link: http://en.forum.gpotato.eu/?CD=DR_EN_F001&MD=VT&TNO=1260120&LREFF=http%3a%2f%2fen.forum.gpotato.eu%2fIndex.aspx%3fCD%3dDR_EN_F001%26MD%3dVT%26TC%3d0000000000%26AS%3dY%26US%3dY%26TNO%3d1260120%26RNO%3d%26SB%3dC%26SBD%3dD%26PG%3d7%26PGC%3d30%26LREFF%3dhttp%253A%252F%252Fen.forum.gpotato.eu%252FIndex.aspx%253FCD%253DDR_EN_F001
and try to guess when New Origin will be released and how long the maintenace will be, to get a chance to win a new level 20 riding pet and a ''new'' (is it really new?) 10 day pet food.
If you want more information about the event click the link there --------> http://en.forum.gpotato.eu/?CD=DR_EN_F001&TC=0000000000&MD=VT&US=Y&AS=Y&TNO=1260131&LREFF=http%3A%2F%2Fen.forum.gpotato.eu%2FIndex.aspx%3FCD%3DDR_EN_F001
Jooooker

Character sheet
Awesome:
1/0  (1/0)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Laze on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Woot! Dede, you aren't dead?!
Where have you been?

OT: I guessed the 9th September, hoping that they were going in for a real surprise, but... That wasn't right Neutral
By the way, it seems like you may guess once per account (Lawl, I got about seven )

Jooooker wrote: a ''new'' (is it really new?) 10 day pet food.
Yea, you need an entire new kind of pet food for the new pets; can't use the old one.
Captain Laze
Admin

Character sheet
Awesome:
9001/9000  (9001/9000)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum